Sunday, April 26, 2009

Finn's surgery

Finn... just after checking into Primary Children's Hospital for Uteral Replacement Surgery. (He had severe reflux in both kidneys and we knew that he would be needing to have this surgery from the time he was a monoth old. In fact, a prenatal ultrasound showed engorged kidneys which was a red flag prior to him being born.) Anyway, we are glad to have the surgery over and our little guy is healing.


We had to change Finn into the hospital's PJ's. The poor little guy didn't know what he was getting into... so looks happy in this picture. (He was flapping and clapping his hands.)

Exhausted... after having to wait an extra two hours longer than what we were expecting. (Will and I were nervous that Finn would freak out due to hunger. He hadn't had anything to eat since the night before & only clear liquids until 6 am... and it was 2:30 pm.) Thank goodness Finn was distracted by all of the other children in the waiting room... after taking a quick nap on daddy's shoulder.


In the waiting room there was a play area. Finn loved banging the plastic plates together. :)






Finn also loved the rocking horse but notice that he still had the plate in his hand. (He kept rocking w/o hands, and jumping on the horse. It was pretty cute.) After getting home... I had to break down and buy Finn a rocking dog which was similar to the rocking horse. I know I'm a sucker.


Rocking my baby after he came out of the recovery room. I love Finn so dang much.






Daddy and Finn.







Our poor baby was so swollen after his surgery. Take a good look at this photo and the previous/next because he was only in the crib long enough to snap a few shots. Will and I held him the entire time that we were in the hospital... that's right... even throughout the night. We are the worst spoilers ever!!!










Finn doesn't have a binky, or a fave blankie... but loves his monkey. This is just prior to us taking Finn home... just in time for Easter the next day.

9 comments:

Laura Larsen said...

I love Finn!!! So happy the surgery is over with. Haydin keeps praying for him every night. We love him.

Kara said...

Awwww.. there's nothing sadder than a baby who isn't feeling well! I'm glad his surgery went well. And I'm pretty sure that it is impossible to spoil a baby in the hospital... they are allowed all the spoiling in the world!

Trent and Carlie & Co. said...

Oh what a little trooper! He is so cute! I'm glad that is recovering quickly! I'm sorry that he is sick again! I think our babies are on the opposite "sick schedule." :) They just take turns. Hope you have a good day & hope he gets feeling better!

Danae Curtis said...

Finn is the cutest! I am so glad that the surgery went well, poor boy! It makes me so sad that he had to go through that!

Leigh said...

WHAT?! I thought you were going to say he was in getting tubes put in or something. Poor baby! Glad he's feeling better.

Texas Jacksons said...

So sad. I hated takind Taite in just to get tubes in her ear. I can't imagine doing that. I'm glad he's doing better and he is the freakin' cutest. You look really freakin' cute too!

Erica said...

I am so glad he is doing well, it can be so scary when anything happens to our little ones. He is so adorable!

Mike and Kerry said...

I am so glad that everything went well with his surgery. I hope that he is feeling better and that you are able to get some rest! I was thinking about you guys and was very grateful for blogging so I could get an update!

mylittlegems said...

Carolyn- I am so going to call you- except it is too late right now. The baby I am pregnant w/ has almost the same thing- except one kidney is completely blocked and the other is like 3/4ths blocked so he has to have surgery right away. I always hate seeing these things happen to little guys. I am so glad he is ok! I will have to call you soon! love ya- Sharla